Thursday, January 7, 2010

About Me

In the future there will probably be a section devoted to this subject. There will probably be sections devoted to another subject or two as well, but this is my first blog and it still needs work. I want to give people who may start to read this an idea of who they’re following. For starters, my name is Alicia (a-lee-sha) and I live in Washington, DC with my boyfriend Mark (or depending on the situation, Eliot).

I’m obsessed with watching movies I love over and over, especially if it was made in the 80s. The same goes for television except that I’m partial to one show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I also have a passion for reading and for owning lots and lots of books. I adore animals and I enjoy wine, being outdoors, and barbequing. I have a dream that one day I’ll get a job where I can sleep in and work from home in my pajamas.

I’m a vegetarian, almost vegan because my stomach doesn’t handle milk all too well. Cooking is one of the things I look forward to everyday, so I’m going to try and devote a section of my blog to recipes and their results. Since money is tight, the meals I make are generally inexpensive and relatively simple. However I love using fresh ingredients and do my best to create meals that are wholesome yet don’t break my bank. That’s not to say that I always eat super-healthy. There are times I revert back to veggie burgers with mac n’ cheese or soy chicken nuggets with fries. But I’d still like to share with all of you what I find that’s vegetarian, delicious, and economical.

Like I said, I have many goals for this blog and am in the process of figuring out how to execute them. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I’ll start posting pictures, if anyone is at all interested. Please feel free to ask me questions, send me emails, and leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment