Saturday, January 30, 2010

Get Fuzzy

Get Fuzzy is an awesome cartoon strip that is written and illustrated by Darby Conley. It circles around the life of Rob Wilco and his pets; crazy feline Bucky and the dumb but lovable dog, Satchel. Think of Garfield but with way more of an edge.

My super cool cousin, Jess, first turned me on to it about eight years ago. I tried to follow it regularly for the next few years, but after that my only interaction with it was when I happened to pick up a major newspaper that ran the strip. I also read it continuously during my 2008 fall semester since I was required to read The Washington Post everyday for a journalism course. But for the past year, I’ve been completely out of touch. Until today, that is.

Over the years, I’ve accumulated a fair amount of the Get Fuzzy compilation books. I have noticed them sitting on my bookshelves for the past couple weeks and meant to take a quick peek to get a laugh or two. Since DC was hit with an unexpected (to me, anyway) snowstorm today, it was a great day to sit around and read some Get Fuzzy.

I had forgotten how funny some of the plotlines are. I kept laughing and then pointing out ones that Mark had to read. If you’re looking for something to brighten your day, check them out. And maybe make some connections between your own pets and the ones in the cartoon…  

No comments:

Post a Comment