Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Isis




For a few short minutes today, I thought this beautiful girl would be mine. Mark saw her wandering around the street in front of our apartment and went outside (with Jade) to investigate. He said she was suuuuper sweet and very well trained. He worried about her getting hurt so he took her inside. He sent me a picture right away and I was totally sold on a dog that I’d never even met. I’d been begging Mark for a puppy for some time (truthfully, almost since we had to put Duke down last year) and he has refused me time and time again. But a stray dog who needed a home? In this economy, where shelter numbers are up because people can’t afford to keep their pets? OF COURSE he would let me keep her! Yeah, not so much.

Within 15 minutes he had found her owners. They were visiting people in our neighborhood all the way from North Carolina and their beautiful pup’s name was Isis. They were extremely grateful and Mark was just as glad that he was able to help. I’m very happy that the nice people got their doggy back, but I’m also disappointed that I couldn’t keep her. Oh well.

Now, if I could only find a way to get a puppy to wander right into our backyard…

1 comment:

  1. I sense a devious plot just waiting to be scheme'd up but, as I'm sure the mean man that won't let you have a puppy reads this, I'm going to go back to trying to torture myself into being productive now. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete