Friday, January 15, 2010

End Of The Week Waffles

Last night as well as tonight, my sweet boyfriend made me dinner. Well actually, he made me brinner. His parents got us a waffle-maker for Christmas and we’ve been dying to use it. When they asked what I wanted for Christmas, I told them a waffle-maker, just the cheap kind you can buy at Target or Wal-Mart. What did I get? One of the super-deluxe brands that flips and beeps and basically cooks the darn thing for you. The gift was so thoughtful and generous and it’s been a treat to have Belgium waffles again.

My favorite type of waffle is chocolate chip with cherry pie filling on top. This time we happened to have semi-sweet chocolate chips and white-chocolate chips so I mixed them and used both. Then I topped the waffle with the cherries and devoured it.  I don’t remember the last time a meal made me so happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment